Classes of hosting solutions
A hosting solution appertains to depositing and/or sharing particular web content on a web hosting server administered by a website hosting distributor. There are various classes of hosting services used for various aims, so let's take a glimpse at them. In this way, you can decide what you need, based on whether you'd like to run a web page, email addresses, or to share files with chums and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service offered by some web hosts, which permits you to share big files. These could be disk images, films, audio files, archived documents, etc. This solution is also known as file storage, and its single aim is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either get an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting plans are often supported by displaying advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you wait for a given spell of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file storage package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limit when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting merchants, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is a completely fallacious explanation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting platform would share the workload between separate groups of web hosting servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous site hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is only a type of a storage space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given companies offer a hosting service for images solely. This hosting brand is appropriate if you want to share an immense number of pictures with chums or colleagues since the service is usually free of charge. You will receive a randomly generated link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for websites.
- Email hosting: a solution devoted to administering your e-mail box accounts. Some corporations offer web page hosting solutions for web sites, but do not supply an email solution. If you want to manage an email address with your domain name but do not wish to possess a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can open mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video brings about a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a few videos and several hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to manage as many videos as you wish without bothering about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to own a web site. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the abovementioned hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can keep databases and mail address accounts, upload video files, and so on. At Sian Hosting and Domain Names, for instance, you can examine web hosting and dedicated web server hosting plans that allow you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in a single location. There may be limitations based on the kind of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web site hosting plan may be better or worse in comparison with the routine e-mail/file/video/image hosting packages that are meant for specific content exclusively.